Friday, August 2, 2013

Done! I think....

So today was payday, and I carted my happy butt to home depot and purchased some paint! and some wax! so I could finally finish!

Last chair is in Behr Straw Hat

After much debating (vote was 9 for 3 against) I painted the table, but did NOT paint over the laminate. If I did I would have had to make another trip to the depot for polyurethane, and I am not an accomplished applier of such stuff. The table is not in Behr Cozumel, because as I was standing at the paint counter with my chips in hand I decided I liked the color above that better, whatever it was called.

So here is my finished dining room set in all it's glory!
Tada!
 Like the way I arranged that rainbow around the table? I'll probably change that at some point, and maybe paint that blue chair a darker hue. I like it, but it blends with the table a little too close for my taste.


I'm pretty sure I like it, but I do still have another sample jar of paint to finish the top of the table with if I decide it needs to be done. I'll just have to wait till next payday to buy the protective finish...and with this family, I will NEED a protective finish.  The wax finish was very easy to apply. Almost too easy, I hope it holds up =)


No comments:

Post a Comment