Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pulling my hair out!

My son turns 13 tomorrow, and he asked for a headcrab cake. Except he doesn't like cake, and I had no clue what a headcrab was. So I looked it up.
Isn't that appetizing?
So, always up for a challenge, I attempted it. To start off with, my marshmallow fondant never stopped being sticky, ever. I've added like 3 pounds of powdered sugar to the stuff and it's still a pain.

The no cake thing is easy, the boy loves rice krispy treats.

So this is what I have so far.
it's not bread dough!

I think I'm going to go to bed and see if the birthday fairies come fix it during the night. Or maybe I'll have a brilliant idea to make this work.  The fondant isn't holding it's shape enough to mold the fangs and legs and stuff, and boy those rice krispies bumps really show through.  /sigh

This friends, is what failure looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment